Job Type: Permanent / full time
Location: Teesside / Remote Working
We are looking for an experienced UNITY developer, with a focus on VR, to become an integral part of our immersive development team delivering projects across the real-time spectrum including VR, AR & more. The ideal applicant would be highly motivated and proactive, with minimal requirement for supervision and eagerness to stay up to date with the latest software and hardware trends.
- Collaborate with artistic and technical team leads to deliver real time interactive projects to a very high standard.
- Help define, implement, and troubleshoot our technical VR development pipeline with guidance from our technical team lead.
- Work with our other UNITY developers to continually improve and optimise our existing internal frameworks and tooling for creating first class interactive content.
- Keep on the pulse of new immersive technology and contribute to R&D projects.
- Work directly with clients and the Animmersion team to deliver quality in everything we do.
- Be able to showcase excellent planning and prototyping skills, with the ability to manage time constraints and work to a fixed budget.
Qualifications & Experience
The role would suit an experienced and confident UNITY developer with great communication and organisational skills, a passion for optimising and enhancing development pipelines and an eye for technical and creative detail.
- minimum 3 years Unity3D work
- minimum 3 years C# programming
- good understanding of shaders and lighting
- Experience using git
- A strong portfolio demonstrating previous UNITY experience.
- A passion for real-time graphics
- Experience with the UNITY XR interaction toolkit and cross platform VR development (META/OCULUS/PICO/HTC)
- Experience with 3rd party plugins: Playmaker & VR interaction framework
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- An obsession for great user experience.
Great to have
- Experience of WEBGL UNITY deployments
- Experience of AR/MR/XR
- Experience with real-time raytraced rendering.
- Experience with VR specific optimisation
- Experience with basic 3D modelling (to prototype)
- Experience with Unreal Engine and other similar platforms
- Are we missing anything? What else have you got that would impress us?
To apply or discuss this role in greater detail, please send your CV and links to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include subject header: Unity Developer